A full-colour dog book unlike any other.
Acclaimed children's nonfiction author Rob Laidlaw delves into the history and evolution of dogs as human companions, and encourages young readers to promote the health and happiness of dogs in their own lives and beyond.
Packed with information, table of contents, sidebars, glossary, and an amazing gatefold of a Jack Russell terrier. This immersive book also features profiles of children who work toward making a difference in canine lives.
Rob Laidlaw, author
Rob Laidlaw has devoted his life to protecting animals and empowering others to do the same. He is the founder of several animal protection organizations, including Zoocheck, and an author of many children’s books about animal welfare and activism. No Shelter Here: Making the World a Kinder Place for Dogs won the OLA Silver Birch Non-Fiction Award and the Hackmatack Children’s Choice Award, with Korean and Spanish language rights sold. Its companion book, Cat Champions: Caring for our Feline Friends, was nominated for the same awards. Rob lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Clear, accurate, engaging, and informative text combines with a substantial collection of high-interest color photographs, several per large page, to round out a thorough exploration of an important issue…. Perfect for dog lovers and those contemplating that critical mission - Kirkus Reviews
- "The Dog Patrol" definitely belongs in elementary school classrooms or libraries…Highly Recommended - CM Magazine
- The author’s obvious love of dogs and the impressive feats of "the Dog Patrol" will inspire young readers to take an interest in animal welfare causes. VERDICT Dog lovers will relish the rich detail and extensive photography in this engaging guide to canine care and advocacy - School Library Journal
- 2020 CCBC Best Books for Kids & Teens Starred Selection
- 2020 Northern Lights Book Award: Animals/Pets Category Winner
Rights Holder: Pajama Press
rights available: World, excl. North America
age range: 8-12
number of pages: 52
publication date: 04/01/2020
Original language of pub: English
Materials Available: finished book
Additional Materials: The Dog Patrol: Our Canine Companions and the Kids Who Protect Them teaching guide