Revolutionize meetings! Over 20,000 copies sold – the easy-to-use guide for running democratic meetings of any size.
The key to promoting true democracy in meetings is clear, easy-to-understand rules of order that support the right of each member to participate fully and equally, and the right of the majority to make decisions while respecting minority rights. An alternative to Robert's Rules of Order and other complicated and unwieldy guides, Democratic Rules of Order is the guide for the rest of us. It lays out clear, concise, easy-to-use rules for governing meetings from clubs and non profits to formal meetings.
• A complete set of laws for governing meetings
• Can be read in an hour
• Plain language, free of complex protocol and jargon to enable equal and efficient participation
• Tested and honed through thousands of successful meetings
• Adoptable as the official rules of order for meetings of any size
• Allows informality, including decisions by consensus, but ensures formality when needed
• A sample meeting that uses all the rules plus answers to 31 common questions.
Now in its tenth edition, and with over 20,000 copies sold, Democratic Rules of Order will produce fair, efficient, and harmonious decisions in meetings of any size or complexity.
Fred Francis & Peg Francis, author
Peg Francis, and her late husband Fred Francis, had decades of experience with meetings in school, college, business, church, and community organizations as members and as officers. Seeing the urgent need for stronger democracies, they brought their skills as former educators to bear to create a set of easy-to-use and widely applicable rules for governing democratic meetings. Peg lives in Victoria, Canada.
Rights Holder: New Society Publishers
rights available: World
age range: Adult
number of pages: 80
publication date: 05/14/2019
Original language of pub: English
Materials Available: complete manuscript