A lyrical lullaby imbued with traditional Inuit beliefs, this bedtime poem written by internationally acclaimed Inuit throat singer Celina Kalluk describes the gifts bestowed upon a newborn baby by all the animals of the Arctic. Lyrically and lovingly written, this visually stunning book is infused with the Inuit values of love and respect for the land and its animal inhabitants.
Celina Kalluk, author
Celina Kalluk was born and raised in Resolute Bay, Nunavut. Sweetest Kulu is her first book for children.
Alexandra Neonakis, illustrator
Alexandria Neonakis is an illustrator and designer from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- [A] lovely bedtime book . . . Young children will be captivated by the stunning beauty of the Arctic world embracing little Kulu. - Quill & Quire Link to review
- Winner, 2015 Outstanding Book for United States Board on Books for Young People
- Winner, 2014 Best Bedtime Book Huffington Post
- Winner, 2015 Wordcraft Circle Award: Picturebooks
- Winner, 2016 Top Summer Read for the TD Summer Reading Club
Rights Holder: Inhabit Media
rights sold: Canada
rights available: World
age range: Baby Books
number of pages: 32
publication date: 09/21/2014
Original language of pub: English
Materials Available: finished book